Saturday 17 December 2011

The badass is going to have a furry companion!!



16 years. About as old as i am i'v e been told about a beautiful female Apso named Diana who was my mom's beloved dog . She died when i was 1. I saw the longing in my mom's expression whenever we saw other people with dogs. Finally my mom is going to have her wish fulfilled . It' s going to be a birthday present she''ll never forget. A Labrador male puppy!!

For me , what this will mean? Well i'm glad u asked.

It will mean a new brother. A new sibling who proves a great distraction from my humdrum life. A little bundle of joy( not for my dad though .lol) who is going to make the three females in the house deliriously happy. I mean. sure there will be days when we will feel like Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston in Marley and Me. But at the end of the day he will be a beloved member of the family.

My grandma is equally overjoyed. At least the good thing is that the hole left by Diana's death ( she died very young)  will be closed somewhat. I hear the longing, the fondness and sadness in her voice whenever she talked about Diana. She was a hellraiser and i hope to God this one will be too.

May this be a b'day my mom will treasure forever

No comments:

Post a Comment