Friday 18 May 2012

The rise of boy bands

90's . my favorite era.

Why? Coz it was the time when a group of men singing together was "in". Namely, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync. Their pop music and obviously looks garnered many many fans. Mostly female (like me!).

But by the time i grew up i found out that they had gone out of fashion as  either they broke up or others just took their place  and soon all "awesome" music was either rock or rap. Which i really hate.

 The only surviving band from that era was pretty much forgotten(except me. I bought their most recent album ). I.e Backstreet Boys.

But thank you  One Direction !!!

The British - Irish group brought back memories of the awesome 90's and the height of  Backstreet Boys and NSync's careers.  The music, the craze behind the boys . Everything. People remembered what that time was like .

" What Makes You Beautiful" reminds me of songs like Shape of My Heart by BSB, As Long as you love me - same , NSync's Bye Bye Bye. The catchy tune makes me nostalgic coz it brings back memories of a 6 year old me watching the video of "Everybody( Backstreet's Back) for the first time . It was the first video I'd watched of them and i instantly fell in love with them.

Even though people wondered about my sanity when i told them that my favorite band was one whose heyday was when we were toddlers i stuck by it. I'd always loved their music and people can say what they want.

It was always my wish that i could get my hands on a time machine and go back around 18years. That is not possible so fate brought that era to me. Yippee!!

Guys and gals, the 90's are here!!




No comments:

Post a Comment