Monday 28 May 2012

An interesting audience to a final

IPL Final - KKR VS CSK- As it happened in my home

9 pm - After i finish doing tp on my laptop , i relent and decide to watch the final . My dad's been watching from the beginning. The CSK are playing brilliantly and set a formidable score of 190.

9.12- We have engaged in an argument coz i believe tht KKR still has the good to win this match. Using statistics and his conviction tht whoever he doesn't like doesn't win at finals . i remind him tht if statisitcs were infallible then india wud never have won 1983 world cup and his dislike is baseless.

10.00- dinner is served. i tell my mom tht to prepare a nice big humble pie which my dad wud eat voraciously.He glares at me and says " in the end dhoni and i will have the last laugh".

11.00 - He's getting worried as Bisla and Kallis are beating the hell out of the bowlers. I'm grinning , he's not.

11.30- We see a tweet about a guy who says that it is weird when a father and his child are sitting in the same room and supporting different teams!! We laugh our butts off  and dad then sits down on the floor  while i'm sitting on the couch.

11.35 - My sis comes home from the neighbour's and is grinning from ear to ear saying " who's winning now!" My dad high 5's her  and looks so happy tht someone was supporting CSK until i tell him while laughing at his disappointed expression tht she was talking abt KKR. LOL!!!

12.00- Kallis is out. Oh crap . Grinning males are annoying , even if it is my father.

12.30- A four!! "noooooo!!" from my dad. I'm doing the monkey dance sitting. 3 runs from 3 balls.

12.32- Four!!!!! KKR has won!!!! Now i do the Macarena and the monkey dance and jump across the Tv room in joy!! My dad looks so crestfallen its actually funny.

12.45- He gets even madder when SRK does cartwheels on the ground while i'm just laughing!!

1.00- To put the bow on the present which is my dad's disgruntlement , KKR lifts the cup!! As i go up, i tell him " You know I'm going to torture u with this for years".

He looks at me and says " I know."

and just to annoy him further , i skip my way up to my bedroom.
This was an interesting final.


No comments:

Post a Comment